For Sale: 2012 Catana 42 Performance Catamaran
The Catana 42 has been a perfect fit for our family sabbatical. She’s safe, fast, well-built, comfortable, and a joy to sail. We are reluctantly offering her for sale due to family/health issues. The Catana 42 is unique in the marketplace as the smallest daggerboard catamaran designed for long term cruising. The Catana 42 has received high critical acclaim.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our sailing experience on her. We have found her to be a good performer without sacrificing the comforts of home. She is truly ready to cross oceans and we have put many miles in her wake already. We have every intention to look for another Catana 42 when the time comes for us to return to cruising.
- Catana’s unique sail handling systems – quality hardware, all sail handling, including reefing, is done from the cockpit, dual mainsheets for extra control compared to traditional travelers.
- The huge solar array gives an abundance of power. We do not worry about power use on this boat.
- High capacity watermaker is virtually silent in operation and capable of running completely on solar power.
- Aft helm stations allow for great sailing feel and leaves the huge, comfortable cockpit open for safe sail handling and entertaining. The benefits of the hard Bimini top cannot be understated.
- The quality of construction and attention to detail is second to none.
- Extensive refit in 2019, including new engines.
- Self-contained – great for long stretches away from services (or quarantined during a pandemic!).
- We enjoy sailing at upwind angles most cruising catamarans only dream about.
- As a family boat, we feel exceedingly safe; part of feeling safe is getting there fast!